Thursday, January 15, 2009

Here's the verdict

Thanks for everyone's input on hairstyles. I called around a couple of places and have an appointment tomorrow morning at Absolutely Fabulous. Apparently they have a 'master stylist' who is really good at determining suitable hairstyles for certain face shapes etc. I am leaning towards a long bob that is asymmetrical.

Enough about hair, and onto the important stuff.

As many of you may already know, Danial has been accepted to the army as a Land communications tech. Some people consider it a big deal while others do not. It is going to be a huge lifestyle change for both of us, but in the end it will make Danial happy with his career (I think). For anyone who has known for a while will be wondering how this happened. I have changed my perspective on many things over the last year(s) and the army is one of them. I did not move to 100% support the army but I am not dead set against it. Clearly it has been set in place for a reason.

It has been interesting seeing people's reactions to the news. I was prepared for people to think that it was a terrible idea, but surprised to find so many are supportive.

I have been even more impressed and surprised with the people who have been asking about how I feel about it. I am shocked with the concern of people who do not even know me that well. On the other hand, however, "The Army" is one of those topics that people usually have their opinions on. For good reason of course.

Danial will be leaving on February 8 which so happens to be the day that my buddy Tasha arrives in Charlottetown. A trade I suspect.
She will likely be staying with me until her boyfriend moves back to the island. I am pretty happy about the timing.

The whole thing still doesn't feel 'real'. It probably won't until I roll over in bed to find the other side empty.

Very exciting. I could feel change coming and here it is.

No comments: