Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Here's what's happenin

I was getting sick of trying to find a SW related job and then something popped onto the lovely job bank that caught my interest. Working in group homes that specialize in adult mental illness. I applied and had a call for an interview the next day. Had the interview and was hired on the spot. So far I am really enjoying it but still find myself job hunting online. Today I found a job that has multiple social worky programs that are contracted through the government of NB. I decided to do something that I can honestly say that I have never done before. I cold called them at 4 in the afternoon. The call just happened to be answered by one of the owners and we had a grand chat about this job as well as another one that she thinks might be suitable for me as well. Positive about this job is that is located right here in little ol' Oromocto. She told me to send her my resume (duh) and said that she looks forward to interviewing me. Maybe she was really interested or maybe she just wanted to get me off the phone. Who knows *shrugs*. I'll wait and see.

The other job she mentioned REALLY interests me because it has paid holidays and regularish hours.

That is my life right now. Nothing too exciting. Taking my last 3 courses and am pretty pumped for this degree to be finished in December.

~Jenn

No comments: