Wednesday, December 10, 2008

School's Out/ Chicken





So I thought I would be a dork and post a couple pics of my kitty. She is clearly cranky in both pictures.. She does not enjoy the flash of a camera in her eyes.
All in all I have been having a good week. It is always nice to spend time with friends and family after being hidden away from the world for a while.. Honestley, I was only really 'hidden' from my parents. I made a visit out there recently. I am going to be sure to see both of my grandmothers over the holidays too.

Today my plan is simple-- get together with Ali for hot chocolate and then go to the gym. I am getting excited about going xmas shopping. Our trip to Halifax isn't going to happen so that leave a couple of extra dollars to do things.

I hate the fact that it is raining outside. I can't stand gross slush.

I got a mark back on one of my final papers which I didn't think was amazing and I got a 90 on it. Something like this happened in another class where I had two projects worth 20 percent each. I got 97 on one and 100 on the other. On top of that the class had 'participation' points worth ten percent of the grade. There is 50 percent that I got full marks for. I like to think that it is because I am smart and get good grades, but I have the strange idea that maybe the professors are 'easy markers'. This shouldn't bother, but it kind of does. I didn't want to attend university to get the whole 'Internet scam style' degree. I get how people think that since they "Pay so much money for university they deserve a decent grade" but I think that is crap. I want to go to university and feel like I am making an accomplishment. Maybe this is asking too much?

Whatever. I love how people have such strong opinions about the stingy requirements to get into certain programs. I agree that some of the requirements are crazy because they do not even pertain to the area but for most part they are logical.

I had an interesting debate with a chick recently about how some school programs require volunteer experience. She thought this was outrageous. Once again, I can understand her thoughts but she couldn't see past it. She thought that since she pays money to a place that it should be enough and she should be able to get into whatever area that she wants by waving around the dollar bills. Isn't this kind of crazy? I know that it may happen, but it is scary to think about high class medical doctors having no 'medical smarts' and be performing surgery. I am sorry lady, but I pray that you will never have the funding to operate on me.


~PEace

No comments: