Monday, December 22, 2008

I saw this on Aimee's blog and decided to steal it.

1. What did you do in 2008 that you'd never done before?
Sold a house, moved to a downtown location, go to Calgary and volunteer at a crisis center.

2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I don't think I made a resolution last year. This year I hope to avoid freaking over the small stuff focus more on the present (so yes to the second part of this question)

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Chelsea Ling! aka Matt's lady


4. Did anyone close to you die?
Not this year thankfully

5. What countries did you visit?
Didn't visit- just lived in good ol Canada

6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008?
A decision about my school path. Curtains.


7. What dates from 2007 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
December 14- random adventure with Heather, Lin and Sharlene
November 13- Too cheesy
August 12- 2nd wedding anny
September 9- 6 six years with Dan
Last week of September- Trip to Alberta!

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
I became less of a bitch and less stubborn

9. What was your biggest failure?
Not being there as much as I should of been for my friend during her first serious breakup experience.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
I was sick off and on for 2 months after my Calgary trip. I had an ear infection. My car accident knee wound has been killing me, had a lovely fall down the pizza delight stairs (911 jail) and have gorgeous bruises that randomly form on my legs. I have been falling apart this year.

11. What was the best thing you bought?
laptop.. maybe?

12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
JILL

13. Whose behaviour made you appalled and depressed?
Rob.. appalled- not depressed

14. Where did most of your money go?
going out, movies, booze

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Road trips.. surprisingly on PEI, trip to Alberta, selling out house, randomly bumping into people that I consider awesome. Sadly last night a 'The Hills' episode. Dancing!


16. What songs will always remind you of 2008?
Womanizer, I kissed a girl, put your hand up on my hip, clumsy, Hot n cold.. clearly I do not know the actual names of many songs

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? Both to the extreme. I have been bipolar this year (no pun intended)
b) thinner or fatter? a little fatter
c) richer or poorer? richer...

18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Painting, road trips, exercise

19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Getting into silly T.V. series

20. How will you be spending Christmas?
Dan and I have already celebrated, then my grams, my 'rents and then the 'rent in law's

21. Did you fall in love in 2008?
Nah

22. How many one-night stands?
I don't think it counts when it is with your husband

23. What was your favourite TV program?
ANTM

24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
Hate is a strong word but I dislike one particular person more this year than ever.

25.What was the best book you read?
Jane Eyre

26. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Battery Point hehehe

27. What did you want and get?
A different perspective on life

28. What did you want and not get?
To hitch hike across Canada or the US 60's style :(

29. What was your favourite film of this year?
Into The Wild

30. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
Went to Gahan for drinks with matt, chelsea, Tasha and Danial and enjoyed a gift of Vanilla vodka

31.What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Having the house sell before July, I would be living in Toronto right now otherwise.

32. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008?
I would wear random clothes that I found or randomly turned up in my laundry.

33. What kept you sane?
Danial, Sarah, Tasha and long hot bubble baths

34. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
I have been obsessed with Tyra this year.. I am brave enough to admit it ;)

35. What political issue stirred you the most?
ABORTION- and how a woman's body deserves to be her own. How when a woman become pregnant her body suddenly becomes societies concern. This as well as many other women issues.

36. Who did you miss?
Tasha, Mitch and other people who I have lost contact with over the years.

37. Who was the best new person you met?
Sarah :D

38. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008?
To understand the origin of things before jumping to join

39. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
any song that talks about ups/downs, enjoying being young.

No comments: